|Contact||Ms Anna Gill, Tutor Coordinator, Catholic Children's Aid Society of Hamilton; Phone: 905-525-2012 ext 3220; Fax: 905-525-5606; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||We offer a one-on-one homework help program which starts in late September and continues through to May. This program runs on Mondays from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in a group setting. It is held at a location close to the McMaster University campus.|
|Benefits||* Help develop self-esteem of children. |
* Develop own skills related to working with children.
* Develop own skills in tutoring and education.
* Gain insight into the child protection system.
|Dates and Times||Monday: Afternoon, Evening (5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.) |
(Plus 15 minutes before and after for preparation.)
|Seasons||Spring ; Fall ; Winter|
|Location||West Hamilton area near the McMaster University campus.|
|Number of Positions||Hamilton West: 10 individual(s) |
10 individual(s) needed in total.
* Usually in the summer, we process applications to bring on volunteers who will be prepared to begin with the start of the tutoring program in the fall.
* Depending on student enrolment, tutors may be interviewed and brought on throughout the school year to accommodate the amount of participants and allow a one on one volunteer tutor for each student and vice versa.
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Minimum Hours||2 / Week|
|Commitment Length||Short Term (less than 3 months) ; Medium Term (from 3 - 12 months) ; Long Term (more than 12 months) ; Usually tutors volunteer for one school year but many do return.|
|Training||Orientation ; Application, Interview, Orientation (meeting, Q&A with Coordinator and returning tutors).|
|Transportation||On Bus Route - 5B Main West, 5C West Hamilton, 51 University and 52 Dundas bus routes.|
|Start Date||On or after 01 Sep 2013|
|Cost||Vulnerable Sector Police Check required - cost would be reimbursed.|
|Volunteer Categories||Assistant - Children's Programs, Services & Events ; Literacy ; Reading ; Reading Encouragement ; Tutoring|
|Skills/Experience||* Has excellent communication skills |
* Is a good listener
* Is patient
* Is flexible
* Enjoys children
* Sets appropriate boundaries
|[ Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Catholic Children's Aid Society of Hamilton|
|Address & Map|
|Fax||* General 905-525-5606 |
* Legal 905-525-2242
* Intake Fax 905-525-3330
* Ongoing Fax 905-525-0481